OERs (Open Educational Resources) have the potential to change the way students learn globally, through copyright licenses that allow reuse and adaptation. Currently, not enough resources exist to meet demand. To tackle the challenge of enabling faculty to produce more OERs, I ran a two-day story design sprint for the learning design team at Metropolitan University (formerly Ryerson). Activities included experience mapping, storyboarding, improv and role play.
In the first few hours, we realized the front end of the development process presented some of the biggest barriers - and went on to produce a working prototype for a single, simple starting point for faculty. The solution also included developing community showcases and communities for inspiration and collaboration.